Wednesday 3 October 2012

Renegade Craft Fair

Back in September we bundled up all our shiny wares and got a train down to London for the 2nd Renegade Craft Fair on Brick Lane. It was our first time at Renegade and it was amaaazing fun. I had a totally disgusting cold and by the time it got around to the fair my voice was pretty much non-existant, so I'm really sorry to everyone that I tried to speak to and only managed a velociraptor-esque squawk. Here's a few pictures I took at the fair (sorry for the iPhone pics, my camera died on me!).


Me looking like a bit of a moron behind the Hand Over Your Fairy Cakes stall. I made a special plastic sign especially for Renegade, it was very fancy, but obviously I forgot to bring it.


Here's a photo of my wee table! Now moving on to some of the most excellent stall holders I tried to chat to (stupid voice) displaying their amazing things! You can have a look at all the artists on the Renegade website here.


The super lovely HelloDodo looking cheery infront of some of their bright, clever prints and tote bags!


Stall neighbour! Barbara from Kinaloon makes some beautiful cards and provided us with some excellent chat all weekend - she had travelled all the way from the USA!


I bought some beautiful fabric covered badges from Zosienka & Rosie - I love their pretty prints and cards, check out their online shop!


Karli and Jacques from Designosaur (best shop name ever) with their really cool display of acrylic and wood dinosaur jewellery. I bought a bright yellow neon t-rex necklace and I've worn it pretty much every day since.


Melanie from Mellybee with her cute collection of tea towels, badges, totes and prints. I told her to "look crafty" - I think she's doing a good job!


I have loved Brendan and Ruth of I Am Acrylic's jewellery designs for ages (I have one of their rocket necklaces, and now a star one too!) so it was great to meet them! They rather kindly handed out Penguin biscuits both days to us hungry stall keepers. Their display was amazing, I love the trees! Sadly they were both AWOL when this picture was taken (probably dispensing biscuits).


The lovely lady from Manolo Jewellery displaying her jewellery and cunningly hiding behind a fan. It was boiling in there, the weather was amazing (10 degrees warmer than Scotland!!) - there were people in SHORTS.


Alice from Birds in Hats draws some amazingly detailed illustrations of...wait for it...birds in hats. I bought a card - can't wait to see her 2013 calendar!


I have Twitter stalked Kim from Finest Imaginary for ages now so was excited to finally talk to her, however since my voice wasn't really working and I was mainly flailing uncontrollably she probably just thought I was nuts. I did buy an awesome badger notebook though, which I cant wait to use


Another one of my stalkees is Miso Funky, maker of fantastic cross-stitch samplers, coasters, badges and loads more. I bought a teatowel and croaked a hello before running away with embarrassment.

I met so many lovely people at Renegade, both customers and other stall holders - thanks to everyone who came along and said hello. I can't wait for the next one!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! Aaaahhh how I miss Renegade :o(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! There should definitely be more than one a year.

      Delete