Supporting small businesses is important all year round, but especially so at Christmas. Avoid the big brands this year and check out these great gifts from UK small brands and shops.
1. A lovely festive mug stuffed with hand made hot chocolate and marshmallows - I love this photo, it's so pretty! You can pick up this Hot Chocolate Gift Set from Mello Mallo. (The mug was designed by illustrator JillyJillyDesign).
2. Rosa Pietsch's new collection features these beautiful Lantern Pendants. Laser cut from black opaque acrylic with bronze and gold mirrored accents and containing gold leaf cast in resin.
3. This Grow A Pair Raglan makes the perfect gift for the feminist in your life. Comfortable and hilarious, make people look twice with this shirt from Double Crossed Clothing.
4. I love these new Hero and Cape Knitted Bobble Hats. Those retro colours! That pom pom!!
5. How cute are these mittens by Hilary Grant at Hannah Zakari? If you live near Edinburgh you can drop into their lovely little shop, but if not you can always browse online.
6. Give the gift of positivity with The Mug of Motivation by illustrator Katie Abey.
7. Natalie Lea Owen makes some beautiful patterns and they look especially pretty on these Tea Towels. Brighten up your kitchen!
8. London based designer Nikki Strange makes these lovely foil print illustrated notebooks. Buy a set of two from her website for under a tenner.
9. For a unique gift, try This Way To The Circus - I love this polymer clay Cactus Set for the less green-fingered family member!
10. Teeny tiny brass Hexagon Stud Earrings by Custom Made will match any outfit.
11. This Ghost Tee is soft and organic and comes in both men's and lady's styles from Alxndra.
12. Super cool almost-neon Printed T-shirt from Yukfun.
13. Everything you need to make your own Terrarium (apart from the actual terrarium!) from Geo-fleur.
14. Mulder and Scully brooches by AndSmile make a perfect gift set for an X-Files fan!
15. Have you got crafty friends? They might enjoy a craft kit, like this "More Gin Please" Cross-stitch Kit from The Make Arcade.
16. If you've got anyone left to buy for after all that, or you just want to treat yourself, check out our vintage style pin badges in Strawberry Milkshake and Drive In Movies. There's loads more stuff on our website Hand Over Your Fairy Cakes.